At STEAMPRO we realize that every home needs to be cleaned on a regular basis to remove dirt, mold, algae and pollen from the exterior. There are many ways to clean the exterior of your a home, but only a few ways that effectively clean without damaging the siding, plants and grass around the home. Power washing every 12 to 24 months can also be a very affordable way to keep your home looking new.
Low Pressure Soft Wash - Houses/Buildings
Whether your home or office is vinyl, aluminum, hardiplank, stucco, brick, stone or any other material, we are well versed in working with all types of surfaces including delicate EFIS, which looks like stucco. When cleaning the siding of a home or building, we use a low pressure wash to safely clean the surface, as opposed to using heat or high pressure, which can cause damage. Our power washing equipment allows us to apply these safe chemicals liberally to the surface of your home with low pressure and high volume water flow. Making sure to cover the entire surface, we allow these chemicals enough time to kill all organic material, such as algae, mold and mildew, and to loosen up any dirt that might be lodged in the siding or exterior. Once we have allowed enough time for the solution to do its job, we will rinse the home with the same low pressure leaving your home or office clean and pristine.
- Our low pressure house wash includes: all siding, shutters, windows and doors, trim, eaves of house or soffit, gutter exteriors, front porch railings, columns & ceilings (not wrap-arounds)
- The following areas are NOT INCLUDED in our house wash pricing, which is based on square footage and surface material, but may be added:
- Wrap-around porches (railings and columns)
- Concrete floor or brick steps*: front porches, patios
- Screened-in porches or decks*
- Brick or concrete foundations* (see below)
- Rust stains (see below)
- Tiger Striping (see below)
*These surfaces will be rinsed off with the rest of the house but will not be cleaned with our house wash.
There are a few things that require specialized cleaning processes and are considered restoration services as such:
- Tiger Striping: This is a term used in our industry that refers to the black streaks that often appear on aluminum gutters and occur from the tar used on asphalt shingles. These stripes will not come off with just a house wash and have to be cleaned by hand with a very concentrated cleaner made for aluminum.
- Rust Stains: Rust stains are sometimes permanent, but we have been able to effectively remove some stains.
- Spray Paint or Graffiti: These stains can be removed, but costs extra because of the amount of chemicals we have to use.
- Red Clay Stains: This is often seen at the foundation of the house on concrete or brick surfaces and requires a special cleaning process to remove.
- Brick Cleaning: Brick is not typically affected by organic growth like siding is. What we see most often with brick that needs additional cleaning is white areas (calcite, white scum, efflorescence, etc) or black/green, slimy areas (usually seen on the foundation or steps).
Hard Surfaces - Driveways/Sidewalks/Patios
When working on stone, cement, concrete or brick surfaces we can turn up the pressure to a safe level and also use heat. Heating the water to 200 degrees often removes the need to use any chemicals at all, allowing us to be as “green” as possible. But for stubborn stains we do have a few solutions that make some of the harder to remove stains disappear. Some automotive stains will not come out completely, but will be lightened greatly. If you call us as soon as you notice automotive grease or oil, we can apply a commercial grade powder to the stain which pulls out the oil. Using bleach or a home pressure washer may set the stain, however.
Wood Surfaces (Decks & Fences)
Wood surfaces will start to gray or mildew over time due to humidity, sun exposure and mold making your porch or fence look worn out and dull. Power washing will remove the mold, mildew, old stain and anything else that might be in the wood and bring out the natural look. Once dry, the surface can be stained or treated with a clear sealant making the wood surface look new again.
We are proud to now offer safe, effective and low pressure roof cleaning! Using an actual pressure washer will damage asphalt shingles and can take years off the life of your roof. Instead, we use a highly concentrated product that stays in place until we are ready to rinse it off. This prevents over spray onto plants and other sensitive materials below and ensures that the product has time to effectively clean the roof.
We also clean:
- Mobile homes
- Lawn equipment
- Patio furniture
- And much more…