Air Duct Cleaning
What is the difference between air duct cleaning and air system cleaning?
Air System Cleaning includes all components of an air system (ducts, furnace, air handler, etc.). Air Duct Cleaning includes the air ducts only.
STEAMPRO offers Air Duct Cleaning. We recommend having your air handling system maintained routinely by a certified HVAC company. Air Duct Cleaning is part of that maintenance, but is sometimes not offered by HVAC companies.
Why should you consider cleaning your air ducts?
First, is there anything better than knowing you are breathing clean air? Right now, the air you are breathing is circulating through every corner of your home and through your air ducts. If the ducts are dirty or dusty, then your air quality is greatly affected. The EPA reports that concentrated indoor air quality is more hazardous to your health than outdoor air pollution.
Second, having clean air ducts and returns can save you money on your energy bills by removing debris, which may cause the air to move slower and in turn make your air system work much harder.
Do you need to clean your air ducts?
- Are you noticing that your house seems dustier, or do you notice dark lines in your carpet along your baseboards? We call these filtration lines, which are caused by poor air flow or air quality.
- Have you seen an increase in your energy bill?
- Are you or anyone else in your home having problems with breathing, allergies, asthma or other respiratory issues?
- Have you recently had work done to your home, such as remodeling projects involving sheet rock dust or saw dust?
- Has your home been exposed to flooding or leaks, or has there been exposure to dampness for any extended periods of time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then give us a call for a FREE quote!
We access your air ducts through the vents in your floor or ceiling and air returns, often found on walls or ceilings (where your air filters are). With the power of our truck mounted system combined with the AirCare™ Duct cleaner, we are able to thoroughly clean every inch of your air ducts. All debris is knocked loose with the rotating bristles and completely removed by the strong vacuum of our system, which vents outside your home while pulling contaminants outside to a waste tank, where they are then disposed of.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Dryer vents are the fourth most preventable cause of household fires. Having your dryer vent professionally cleaned can also decrease your energy bill, allowing your dryer to work more efficiently. Whether you have a simple clog, a bird's nest or other external debris lodged in your dryer vent, we can handle any situation. Dryer vents can be set up many different ways, so depending on your situation, we will make an assessment and use our tools to enter the vent from either the interior, exterior of the house or both. This service includes moving the dryer and placing it back, as well as cleaning the lint trap and filter.